Our website address is: https://player-verse.com/
Player Verse, a Florida limited liability company, together with our subsidiaries, affiliates, and partners (collectively, ”Company” or “We” or “Us”), respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. We are the controllers for purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). We are subject to the GDPR to the extent we collect or process the personal information of individuals in the European Union or the United Kingdom.
This policy describes (1) the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website at https://player-verse.com/ (our “Website”) or download, install, use, and/or access the video games or software applications we develop, publish, or distribute through our Website and various third-party platforms and marketplaces, such as the game or software application you have downloaded and/or installed, or are about to download and/or install (each a “Game Asset” and collectively, our “Game Assets”), and (2) our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Specifically, this policy applies to information we collect:
- On or through our Website, for example, when you navigate the Website, sign up for our newsletter, request to be a game tester, or apply to join our team or to be a client partner.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Company.
- Through the Game Assets you download and/or access from or through this Website or from a third-party marketplace, including but not limited to the Steam Marketplace, Unreal Marketplace, Apple App Store, or Google Play Store.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website or a Game Asset.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website – Our Website is a general audience website, and is not intended for, nor directed to, children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16 that may access or navigate through our Website. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on or through our Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information through our Website from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at [email protected]
Our Game Assets – Our Game Assets are for a general audience. We do not directly market our Game Assets to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16 that access and/or use our Game Assets. If we learn we have collected or received personal information through a Game Asset from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at [email protected]
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Game Assets, including:
- information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, user name, password, answer to a security question, physical address, e-mail address, or telephone number (”personal information”);
- data about how you and other individuals access and/or use our Website or Game Assets; and/or
- data about how you and other individuals interact with the electronic communications we send to you and others.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically and passively as you navigate through the Website or use a Game Asset. Information collected automatically may include usage details and other information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies, as described below.
- Automatically and passively through web beacons, clear gifs, and other pixel tags used in electronic communications between you and the Company.
Note, however, that the third-party service providers (identified below) we use to automatically and passively collect this information may collect more information about you than we have access to. Such information may include personally identifiable information beyond the personal information you provide directly to us, or that we otherwise collect and have access to, such as your IP address and device ID.
Information You Provide to Us Directly
The information we collect on or through our Website or a Game Asset may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or a Game Asset. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our newsletter, signing up to be a game tester, applying to join our team, applying to be a client partner, or requesting information on how to invest in the company. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or Game Asset.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Information We Collect Through Automatic or Passive Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and Game Assets, we may use automatic or passive data collection technologies or third-party analytics services to collect certain information about your usage of our Website and Game Assets. The information we collect is anonymous or is aggregated with information collected from other users of our Website and Game Assets and cannot be used by us to specifically identify you. The aggregated and/or anonymized data we obtain and have access to consists of:
- Details of users’ visits to our Website, including traffic data, conversion rates, active users, time spent on the Website, and other similar data about how and when you and others access and use the Website.
- Details on who is using our Game Assets and how our Game Assets are being played. This includes the number of different users who have started a game session on a given day, the average time a user plays a game, retention statistics, what platform is being used to play a game, where in the world a game is being played, what type of users are playing our games, and user game status.
As noted above, the third-party services providers (identified below) that we use to obtain this aggregated and/or anonymized data may collect from you certain personally identifiable information, such as your IP address or device ID, in order to provide us with the aggregated and/or anonymized data listed above. Please see their privacy policies for more information.
This information helps us to improve our Website and/or Game Assets and to deliver better and more enjoyable service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website or a Game Asset according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website or a Game Asset.
- Remember your status in a Game Asset and what achievements you have completed.
- Analyze performance metrics.
- Provide insight into how to make our Game Assets better.
- To discover bugs or other technical problems with our Game Assets.
We may use aggregated data we receive from Facebook’s analytics services to serve targeted advertisements related to our Game Assets on the Facebook platform.
The technologies we use for this automatic and/or passive data collection may include:
- Web Beacons, Pixel Tags, and Other Tracking Technologies. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, SDKs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). To the extent we use Facebook integration, Facebook may use tracking technologies, such as SDKs and pixel tags, to collect or receive information from our Website or Game Assets and may use any such information collected to provide us with measurement services or the ability to target advertisements to users within the Facebook platform. The Unity Analytics SDK within our Game Assets uses similar technologies in order to collect the aggregated usage data described above.
The third-party service providers we use for this automatic data collection are:
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and Game Assets and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including any license agreements or terms of service.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any Game Asset, including any bug fixes or updates made to a Game Asset.
- To process requests from you to be a game tester, an intern, an investor, or any other member of our team.
- To optimize and enhance your experience with our Website and Game Assets.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We may also use your information to provide you with marketing related electronic messages, including news, events, updates, and promotional emails. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email us at [email protected], and we will remove you from our mailing list.
For more information on how you can control the collection or use of your information, see the section below called Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share or disclose aggregated, anonymized, and generalized information about our users without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, and partners.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Player Verse or one of its subsidiaries, affiliates, or partners’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent, to the extent your consent is required under applicable law.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Player Verse, or our employees, partners, or customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. Below are the mechanisms available that allow you to control the information we collect from you:
- Electronic Messages Opt-Out. If you no longer want us to send you electronic messages related to our business, Website, or Game Assets, you can opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of each electronic message we send to you. You can also email us at [email protected] and we will remove you from our electronic message mailing list. Your opt-out request will be processed within a commercially reasonable period of time.
- Unity Analytics. You can opt-out of having your information collected by Unity by going into the option menu of any Game Asset and selecting “opt-out” of Unity data collection.
- Google Analytics. If you do not want your data to be used by Google Analytics you can get the Google Analytics Opt- out Browser Add-On https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. It is available for Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Opera.
- Facebook Integration – If you do not want Facebook to collect your data or to share your data with us, there are several things you can do to control and/or limit what data is collected: (1) do not login to our Website or a Game Asset with your Facebook login, (2) go to the “Apps and Websites” setting within your Facebook account and remove our Website and/or Game Assets from your list of “Active Apps and Websites” and/or limit the information we can receive, (3) visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices and opt-out of Facebook tracking, (4) if you are in the EU or UK, visit http:// www.youronlinechoices.eu, select your location, and opt-out of Facebook tracking, (5) on your Apple device, go to “Settings,” then “Privacy,” then “Advertising,” and select “Limit Ad Tracking,” or (6) on your Android device, go to the “Settings” menu, then select the “Google” option, from there select “Ads”, then enable the toggle switch next to “Opt out of Ads Personalization.” If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected]
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
We currently do not respond to do not track signals.
Access to Third Party Websites
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Information
If you are in the EU or the United Kingdom, we process any personal information we collect in order to: (1) carry out our contractual obligations with you; (2) comply with our legal obligations; and (3) engage in activities that are in our legitimate interest, such as sending you newsletters you request, providing you with an enjoyable experience on our Website and Game Assets, and to provide you with information related to our Website or Game Assets.
To the extent the processing of your personal information requires your consent, we will obtain such consent at the time we collect such information. This consent can be withdrawn at any time; provided, however, withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. You can withdraw your consent by emailing us [email protected]
Under the GDPR, individuals have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Access the personal information we have that concerns you;
- Require us to correct any mistakes in the personal information we have that concerns you;
- Require, in certain situations, the erasure of personal information we have that concerns you;
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit such data to a third party in certain situations;
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information; and
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the GDPR.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Email us at [email protected];
- Let us have enough information to identify you; and
- Let us know the information to which your request relates
If we cannot verify your identity, we may request proof of your identify, such as a copy of your driver’s license or passport.
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information; however, the GDPR also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
Our head office is located in Winter Park, FL, United States. We store and process your personal information on our computers and servers in the United States and, at times, depending on the cloud services we utilize, in various other countries. As such, that means that your personal information may need to be processed in countries where data protection and privacy laws and regulations may differ from those in your home country. In order to ensure your personal information is treated with the same level of care required in your home country, we require all authorized third parties, affiliates, and partners to take appropriate measures to keep your information confidential, safe, and secure in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We will store your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with the services or information you require or request, or for as long as we are legally obligated to do so. We will also store certain personal information, such as email address, for archival purposes that are required for the continued operation of our business.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information is stored in the cloud, the information of which is encrypted by sophisticated third-party systems, and on personal computers, which are password-protected. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or a Game Asset, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or to our Game Assets. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Thank you, and as always Strap In. Shut Up. And Hang On. ®